Permanent Residence (PR) in a country like Australia means you are suddenly exposed to the finest in facilities and opportunities, at one of the best global platforms. The result: more money and an improved life with your dear and near ones abroad. So, become a resident in this developed global economy, but how to get Permanent Residence (PR) in Australia?
What’s the process for filing a PR Visa application?
Down Under and the Department of Home Affairs (DHA) run a fast-track points based migration system, called SkillSelect, earlier General Skilled Migration (GSM) system. To move to the country, as a skilled migrant with a PR Visa, you have to navigate through it, and get the minimum Australia skilled migration cut-off points which presently stand at 65 (earlier 60).
It will make you eligible for an Invitation to Apply (ITA), to apply for PR and get it through the fast-track visa route.
But before you push ahead and apply, you have to fulfill many compulsory residency requirements.
Australia PR Requirements: Among many, these are the key ones:
- You must be at least 18 years old and below 50.
- The occupation you nominate must be there on the latest Australia Skilled Occupation List (SoL) for Down Under. It means the professionals like you must be in-demand in the country.
- You must be healthy, not suffering from any communicable diseases, and have a good crime-free background.
- You must get not less than 65 points on the Points Grid on certain important factors.
- You must have reasonably good English language skills.
How to Get PR in Australia through SkillSelect?
Coming back to the process, you have to follow these 9 important steps to obtain that will unlock the doors to a bright future overseas:
- Educational Qualifications, Work & Language Skills Evaluation: Be through with this important step via getting your skills examined by the concerned organizations.
- SkillSelect Profile Creation: Create your profile, via sharing important details, related to your age, education, work experience in Oz, employment experience abroad, language skills, etc.
- Profile Review: The DHA officials will review your profile and give it points.
- Receipt of ITA: If you get 75-80 points, you will, perhaps, get an ITA to apply for PR.
- Apply for PR: Do it through the Skilled Visa category of your choice, and with every supporting & relevant document.
- Get Your Health & Character Examined: Get certificates from the concerned organizations, to prove you are healthy and have a clean record.
- Face Interview: If your application gets approved, you will be, perhaps, asked by the DHA to face an interview. Answer the questions thrown with full honesty.
- Pay PR Fees: Pay the mandatory PR charges to get the right to enter the nation permanently.
Get Your PR Visa & Move Overseas: Land in the hotspot permanently with your PR Visa