Let’s check out:Step 1: Do you really need a work permit to work in your desired job in Canada
Not all of the jobs in Canada require a work permit, and foreign national can take up a job after they have legally entered the country under the right visa category. So, the first step & foremost steps is to know whether the job you wish to take really requires a Work Permit or not.
Step 2: Are you eligible for a work permit
The eligibility of a Canadian work permit depends on many factors including the location where the applicant applies for a Work Permit Canada. However, each of the Canadian work permit applicant must:
• Prove that they will leave Canada when their work permit expires
• Show that they have enough money to take care of themselves and their family members during their stay in Canada
• Show that they have enough money for themselves and their family members to return home
• Have no criminal record
• Be in good health and pass a medical exam (if required)
• Not plan to work for an employer on the list of ineligible employers.
• Not plan to work for an employer who offers striptease, erotic dance, escort or erotic massage services
• Not have worked in Canada for one or more periods that total four years within the past four years
• Not be otherwise inadmissible to Canada. (Grounds for Inadmissibility)
In addition, there might also be some other requirements that you have to fulfil.
Step 3: Will you apply online or offline for Canadian temporary work permit
If you wish to apply online, then you should have access to a digital camera or scanner required to upload the required documents as part of your online application process. However, if you wish to apply offline, you will have to attach all required proofs.
Note: Those applying under the International Experience Class Program, can only apply online.
Step 4: Obtain a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) from your potential employer, if required
Step 5: Obtain a temporary job offer from your potential employer
Those who wish to apply for a temporary work permit must have a job offer in hand from the Canadian employer. This candidate needs to attach this job offer to the work permit Canada application. The job offer must comprise:
The job offer letter must also include:
• The job title, description, requirements
• Details about the start & end date of the job
• Name & address of the employer
• Contact information for a person at the company who is familiar with the job offer
The job offer must prove that the:
• job is genuine
• Wages & working conditions are high enough to attract a Canadian worker
• Employment is full time & not seasonal
Note: If the job is offered in the province of Quebec, then the job offer must be approved by the Quebec government.
Step 6: Gather All Required Documents and Forms
Before filing an application, you must make sure that you have all the essential documents. Some of them are:
• A valid passport
• Two photograph of yourself & accompanying family members
• Proof of documents to show that u meet the requirements
• Certificat D’Acceptation du Quebec (if required)
• Proof of relationships with all spouses, children or common-law partners
• Completed Application For Work Permit Made Outside of Canada (IMM 1295) form, if applying from outside of
• Completed Document Checklist (IMM 5488)
• Completed Family Information (IMM 5645) form
For more details on required documents for Canada work permit visit us here.
Step 7: Pay fees:
Generally, a fees of $155 is admissible from each Canadian temporary work permit applicant, however, a group of more than three artists will have to pay $465.
Step 8: Submit the application:
The application can be submitted online or offline. You can also hire a visa agent or immigration firm to complete the entire application process on your behalf.