The City of Morden, in partnership with Morden Community Development Corporation and the Government of Manitoba is very interested in welcoming immigrants to Morden. Morden is a well-established, nurturing and vibrant community of over 8,000 residents.
Morden is located in South Central Manitoba, 112 km from Winnipeg City Limits, and 19 km from the U.S. border and 127 km from the Winnipeg International Airport.
In order to qualify to apply for Morden’s Immigration Initiative, you MUST:
- be between the ages of 21 and 45
- have no other connection to other parts of Canada (ie. through friends, relatives or previous employment or education)
- completed at least a one-year, post-secondary education or training program for which you received a diploma, certificate or degree
- at least two years full-time work experience in the past five years
- job-ready English proficiency demonstrated by scoring at least 5 on a recent General IELTS test (must have a minimum of 5 in each of the bands)
- have the genuine intention and ability to economically establish and settle in Morden
- have settlement funds as required by MPNP ($10,000 for Principal applicant and $2,000 for each dependent). This is in addition to any funds needed tor exploratory visit expenses, etc.)
Due to high numbers of applicants, preference for selection will be given to applicants who:
- Have experience in manufacturing, machine operation, construction, welding, and restaurant work. These target occupations are subject to change – continue to check this site for changes
- Have experience in living in a rural area, with the ability to adapt to culture and climate
- Show genuine intention in living and working in Morden, with no previous connections with other parts of Canada
The following documents should be included in your application.:
- Application form
- C.V. or resume for the principal applicant and spouse
- Copy of passport
- IELTS result
- Proof of Settlement Funds (Scan of bank statement and/or property estimation.)
Use our free service to find out whether you could qualify for this visa. Fill out the assessment form. Make sure that all information provided is authentic in order to make a proper assessment.