Quebec Immigration is one of the specialized genres of services that StepWheel offers. The province of Quebec in Canada offers an immigrant visa separate from the programs offered by Federal Canada. The Quebec Skilled Worker Program is an option for those who intend to permanently settle down in Quebec. This program is managed by the Quebec provincial authorities.
If you are an IT professional, this program is an excellent opportunity for those intending to immigrate to Canada. Since, the new List of 29 Occupations brought out by Federal Canada does not feature this profession; Quebec is definitely a scorer in this regard. However, there are other niche areas for employment as well.
When it comes to Quebec immigration, an immigrant has unrestricted access to the local job market. More so, an immigrant under this program does not need to have an additional work permit in order to be employed in this province. At the same time, he can always seek employment post landing. This means than an applicant need not have a job offer in prior neither does he require a sponsoring employer in order to immigrate to Quebec.
As a province, Quebec is host to some of the world leaders when it comes to niche industries. With this, its largest city – Montreal is considered as one of the good cities in the world. This city is caters to some of the important industries in Quebec and offers numerous employment opportunities.
We, at StepWheel offer a Free Assessment of your credentials to see whether or not you qualify for this program. Based on the assessment, we further guide our clients accordingly. Incase, we do not find your profile appropriate for Quebec immigration; our experts are always ready to alternatives for immigration to other destinations.
The qualifying criteria for Quebec Skilled Worker program are completely different from that of Federal Canada program for skilled professionals. This criterion has been devised by the provincial authorities of Quebec as per the immigration requirements of the province and under the Canada-Quebec Accord on Immigration. When it comes to selecting its set of prospective applicants, Quebec especially looks into the aspect of adaptability for its future migrants. Based on this aspect, the eligibility requirements have been brought about which has to be satisfied by each applicant applying for Quebec Selection Certificate under the Skilled Workers Program. The application process is demanding and requires a high level of preparedness by the applicant. The eligibility criteria include the following:
- Intention to live and work in Quebec: All applicants applying for this program must intend to live and work in Quebec. With this, they should also be able to demonstrate that they have the skills and ability to contribute to the provincial economy.
- Educational Qualifications: All applicants have to be academically qualified which could cater to the economy of Quebec. So, a minimum of a diploma has to be possessed by the prospective immigration. This diploma should be equivalent to either a Diploma of Secondary School or a Diploma of Vocational Studies or degree under the Education System of Quebec. Assessment experts at StepWheel will check the equivalency levels of your current qualifications with the Quebec Education System. They will advise whether or not you can claim points under the criterion against your earned qualifications.
- Training Factor: Applicants can earn points if their earned qualifications fall under the designated and applicable list of foreign earned qualifications. Where qualifications are unrelated, one can claim credit if such an unrelated qualification is earned in the five year period preceding the filing of the application. Assessment experts at StepWheel will assist you in determining whether or not you can claim credit under the training factor. Remember that one may still qualify under the program though he may not be gaining any training factor credit.
- Professional Experience: Applicants can claim points for maximum of four years of experience.
- French Language Skills: Quebec Skilled Migrant program is the only one its kind where credits are given for oral and understanding aspects of French and English language. There are many misconceptions regarding French in Quebec Applicants need not worry about reading and writing aspects of French language as they carry no special point credits. Applicants at initial stage of learning or even with low skill level can also apply. Assessment experts at StepWheel, through years of experience in managing applications under Quebec Skilled Migrant program, will advise you about precise levels of French language that you or your family need to achieve in order to get a successful decision. Many of you on account of varying factor may be able to get selected under the program against very low French language skills.
- Financial Security: The applicant must have sufficient funds to support self and dependents during the initials days of landing in Quebec. The funds requirements for Quebec skilled program are very low.
Other factors include age, a validated employment offer, number and age of dependent children, qualifications of the spouse and so on. If you are confused whether or not to apply, our experts are here to guide at all levels.
- Your updated resume
- If married, also resume of your spouse with clear mention of her age and qualifications
- If applicable, information on children and their age.
We understand your need to be financially secure when you immigrate to a new destination. For this, employment would be your first priority when you immigrate. Quebec is the largest province in Canada which is thriving with professional opportunities. According to a latest release from the Labor Force Survey, this August, the employment increased by another 36,000. This clearly projects the further downfall in the rate of unemployment making the province with the lowest unemployment rate in Canada.
When it comes to immigrating to Quebec, you do not have to worry about qualifying under any specific occupation lists as it is with Federal Canada where in one has to qualify under the List of 29 Occupations. The eligibility criteria and application process for Quebec immigration are completely different from that of Federal Canada.
When it comes to the economy of Quebec, it is highly diversified catering to numerous opportunities for its immigrants and residents. For your convenience, we have enlisted of some of the most productive industries in the province. These include the following:
- Aerospace Industry
- Information Technology
- Health Industry
- Optics and Photonics
The list does not end here. When it comes to these industries in Quebec, they are one of the best in the world or leaders in Canada itself. These industries employ millions of people which include many immigrants.
Use our free service to find out whether you could qualify for this visa. Fill out the assessment form. Make sure that all information provided is authentic in order to make a proper assessment.